Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where Do I Go From Here?

I started writing down some thoughts I had & when I re-read them, they were pretty good, if I do say so myself. I turned these into a book which I think I'll call, 'It Can Happen' after that Yes song of the same name. The chorus goes, 'It can happen to you; it can happen to me; it can happen to everyone eventually'. I thought for sure people would read this, fall in love with it and want to publish it but I've had no offers. It's been sitting in a box for years. I kinda gave up the idea of ever becoming an author.

About two years ago I told a friend that I'd written a book. I only had one copy left that was written years before on an old computer but she helped me update it and with her help, I got inspired to finish it. I finally completed it but didn't have a clue how to go about finding a publisher. I e-mailed my predicament to Carrie's sister-in-law, who suggested turning it into a blog. That sounded like a great idea to me but I didn't have a clue how to go about doing this.

I kinda think God's got his hand in this because things couldn't have worked out more perfectly. My neighbor's daughter just graduated college and was home for the summer before leaving to get her masters. Cristy came over and showed me how to make a blog. We deleted a big portion of the book and put a chapter a week in.

I'm left with a big problem because my book only had twenty-three chapters in it and I've published 'em all so what do I talk about now? I will tell you that I just got back from Guanica, Peurto Rico on Monday. I went with my sister and her family. We had the best time. When we landed my niece and I were looking out the window and I asked her where the plane that was sitting next to us was going. The three year old looked at me so seriously and said, "Biscayne Bay". Are you cracking up? Where would a three year old come up with that??? The resort where we stayed was called Copamarina. It was a 2.5 hour drive southwest of San Juan. Am upset tho because I didn't take my camera with me; I could have posted a picture on this blog. We had so much fun. We went snorkeling, swimming, sightseeing...it was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment